FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Township’s hours of operation?

The Township office is open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.

Where can I reserve park facilities?

In-person reservations can be made at the Township Building located at 980 Grosstown Road, Stowe, PA 19464. Reservations can be made by phone by contacting the administrative office at 610.323.7717.

Do we require a Use & Occupancy Certificate?

Yes, please review the application at the following link, it contains all requirements and fees.

Where can I take household hazardous waste products like old paint cans, oil, etc.?

Please save your household hazardous waste for collection days, held several times a year by Montgomery County. More information is available at Waste System Authority of Eastern Montgomery County’s website.

Where is District Court located?

Magisterial District Court 38-1-11
1 Security Plaza, Ste. 101
Pottstown, PA 19464

Where is my polling location?

Polling is held at the West Pottsgrove Township Building, 980 Grosstown Road, Stowe, PA 19464.

Who do I contact regarding my sewer & water service/bill?

Questions regarding your sewer and water service and invoices can be directed to the Pottstown Municipal Authority at (610) 970-6530.

When does the Board of Commissioners meet?

The Board of Commissioners meet on the first and third Wednesday of the month at 7:00PM at the Township Building. Please reference our calendar for exact dates for this year.

When are the designated trash pickup dates & times?

Waste Collection – Weekly
Wednesday is our weekly pickup day. All waste containers must be placed at the curb no later than 6 a.m. Please leave 4 feet of space between the carts, trees, mailboxes, poles, etc.

Recycling Collection – Weekly
Recycling is collected every other week on Wednesday. Please place all clean recyclables loosely in the 64
gallon cart and place at the curb no later than 6 a.m. 

Holiday Schedule
If a holiday falls on Wednesday, your trash and recycling will be picked up on Thursday.

View our dedicated Trash & Recycling page for more information.

Who is our contracted refuse & recycling collection service?

J.P. Mascaro & Sons is the company that handles Township trash collection. 

What do I need a permit for?

You will need to apply for a permit for the following:

  • Building a house
  • Construction of a garage or shed
  • Building alternate living spaces
  • Operating a business

Please review the Township’s adopted code of ordinances and zoning ordinances.