2015 Montgomery County Recycling Event Flyers for Household Hazardous Waste, Paper Shredding, and Tires
- Household Hazardous Waste Flyer
- Paper Shredding Flyer
- Tire and Shred Combination Flyer
- Tire Collection Flyer
Due to forces beyond our control, Montgomery County will not be able to hold electronics collection events in 2015. Although state law requires electronics manufacturers to offer recycling opportunities for TVs and computers, those manufacturers are no longer sponsoring county recycling collections in the Southeastern PA region.
- Best Buy will accept computers and TVs 32” and under for free recycling when dropped off at their store. They will also pick up TVs from homes for a fee.
- Salvation Army Thrift Store in Montgomeryville accepts working TVs of any size and shape as well as working computers and electronics. They are located at 671 Bethlehem Pike, Montgomeryville, PA 18936, phone number 215-631-1570.
- Other than municipal drop offs and collections for residents only, there are no free disposal outlets for TVs over 32” that no longer work.
Concern about the lack of county collection events should be directed to the appropriate State Representative and Senator. Haulers and disposal sites are prohibited from accepting TVs and computers as trash, and without recycling opportunities, residents may resort to dumping. An amendment to the state electronics recycling law, called the Covered Device Recycling Act, is needed to ensure the availability of recycling outlets.
For an overview of the Covered Device Recycling Act see:
Complete information can be found at our Recycling and Refuse page.